[Advaita-l] On Ghatakasha passages

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue May 7 13:24:17 EDT 2024

श्रीगुरुभ्यो नमः

अद्वैतभाष्यादिवाङ्मये घटाकाशदृष्टान्तो जीवपरयोरौपाधिकभेदव्यवस्थापनार्थम्
अतिव्यापकतया उपयुज्यते | अत्र तस्य दृष्टान्तस्य विविधदृष्टयो
वाक्योदाहरणद्वारा प्रपञ्च्यन्ते |  एतानि वाक्यानि पठनेन दृष्टान्तस्य
बहुमुखपरिचयं प्राप्तुं शक्यते |

https://adbhutam.files.wordpress.com/2024/05/on-ghatakasha.pdf

Shri Gurubhyo Namah

In Advaita literature such as the bhashyas, the analogy of space within a
pot (ghata-akasha) is extensively used to establish the distinction between
the individual self and the Supreme Self as being merely due to limiting
adjuncts (upadhis). Here, various perspectives on this analogy are
elaborated through sample sentences. By reading these passages, one can
gain a multifaceted understanding of the analogy.

I thank the friend who prompted me to do this exercise.

https://adbhutam.files.wordpress.com/2024/05/on-ghatakasha.pdf

regards
subbu