[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: [advaitin] apauruSheyatva of the Veda

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 06:02:00 EST 2024

Namaste.

I have no issues with copying my post to Advaitin list.

Reg  //   if this nityatva is like brahman / satya / Atman etc. then shruti
itself would have not been said 'atra veda aveada', that too in sushupti
(not even in paramArtha jnAna (source vide br.up.) //,

Is the Bhashya itself being questioned or my understanding of the same.
Since I have just presented Bhashya as is, it should be possible for
members to understand what it conveys.

Reference should be made to Bhashya itself as to what is meant by 'atra
veda aveada' in BU 4-3-22. It means ,as per Bhashya,  in Sushupti, the jIva
is dissociated with the results of actions. It has no bearing on nityatva
of vedAs which is the issue here.

//  तथा वेदाः — साध्यसाधनसम्बन्धाभिधायकाः, मन्त्रलक्षणाश्च अभिधायकत्वेन
कर्माङ्गभूताः, अधीताः अध्येतव्याश्च — कर्मनिमित्तमेव सम्बध्यन्ते पुरुषेण ;
तत्कर्मातिक्रमणात् एतस्मिन्काले वेदा अपि अवेदाः सम्पद्यन्ते । //

//  tathA vedAH — sAdhyasAdhanasambandhAbhidhAyakAH, mantralakShaNAshcha
abhidhAyakatvena karmA~NgabhUtAH, adhItAH adhyetavyAshcha —
karmanimittameva sambadhyante puruSheNa ; tatkarmAtikramaNAt etasminkAle
vedA api avedAH sampadyante | //

Translation by Swami Madhavananda  //  The Vedas also, consisting of the
BrAhmaNAs, which describe the means, the goal and their relation, as well
as the Mantras, and forming part of the rites, since they deal with them,
 whether already read or yet to be read, are connected with a man through
those rites. Since he transcends those rites, the Vedas too then are no
Vedas //.

Regards