[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: A comparative analysis of drishTi-srishTi-vAda and srishTi-drishTi-vAda

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 07:36:50 EDT 2023

Namaste Sudhanshu Ji,

I think the Laghuchandrika is just giving the justification for DSV itself.
Justification being the absence of any pramANa for  srishTi in the absence
of a witness drashtA. Hence  srishTi can be postulated ONLY when it is
associated with DrishTi. Hence drishTi-abhinnatva with srishTi is essential
for validating srishTi.
I am not sure if this is valid since Shruti pramANa can be cited for srishTi
sans DrishTi. Presumably this is addressed in Laghuchandrika later on.

Regards

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>