[Advaita-l] A comparative analysis of drishTi-srishTi-vAda and srishTi-drishTi-vAda

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Mon Sep 4 03:39:21 EDT 2023

Also, if we see Shankara's statement in MANDUkya- यस्मादसत्येव घटादौ घटाद्याभासता चित्तस्य विज्ञानवादिना अभ्युपगता, तदनुमोदितमस्माभिरपि भूतदर्शनात् - here also, the separate existence of pot etc vis-a-vis chitta is not accepted. DSV does precisely that. There is no pot out there being created. There is pot-thought and that itself is pot.

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Please give corresponding kArika reference.  One small question how pot thought would arise all of a sudden without seeing some object outside!!??  Why I am not able to think about snake in shukti, rajata in rope??  And this statement : thought itself is object, how it is different from vijnAnavAda??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar