[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: [advaitin] What is the glue that binds Brahman and Maya together?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Thu Oct 26 07:19:08 EDT 2023

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

  *   Whenever there is match of your thoughts with mine I would like to join my voice :

The Upanishad starts with the question: Knowing what will everything be known?  Since Shvetaketu did not know the answer, Uddalaka started replying to his own question by giving the three analogies: yathA somya....tathaa.  The yathA - tathA is to show that they are analogies for the question on hand.

  *   Moreover, shruti’s basic statement is : sadeva Soumya idamagra AsidekamevAdviteeyaM which establishes whatever said subsequently with regard to this adviteeya satyam should be traced back to that ekaM  evaM.  IOW, even though there is no variety in content but variety is not independent of content 😊 janmAdasya yataH it is that through which the creation and the cycle of dissolution of world happens.  And we have to accept it because that shruti which says brahman is nirguNa, niravayava, nivishesha etc. same shruti saying ekameva kAraNaM for the jagat is that ‘same’ brahman, we cannot apply ardha kukkuti nyAya here to take something and reject something else.  The objections like since brahman is having no limbs, having no attributes, having no mind so he cannot be the cause etc.  sUtra bhAshya 2.1.adhikaraNa 10 have the exclusive discussion about it.  bhAshyakAra here clarifies that brahman;s inherent power is such that it can create universe without any auxiliaries 😊

  *   Hari hari hari Bol!!!

  *   bhaskar