[Advaita-l] avidyA and mind in samAdhi

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 03:56:25 EDT 2023

//The answer to all questions lies in the Panchadashi and commentary, as I
see it.//

Certainly. I will go through it more carefully.

 //and the a-prateetih of mUla ajnana in samadhi (where no ajnana nAsha has
happened) which is only a potential state;//

Yes. This is the matter of discussion. When there is no ajnAna-nAsha in
samAdhi; there is non-perception of ajnAna == can it be said that ajnAna is
not there?

That there is absence of perception of ajnAna in samAdhi is accepted. MS
says also - there is absence of avidyAkArA-avidyA-vritti.

But this absence of perception of avidyA does not imply absence of avidyA.
Had this been so, instead of saying that there is absence of
avidyAkArA-avidyA-vritti in samAdhi, it would have been said -- how can you
perceive avidyA in samAdhi when the object avidyA itself is not there.

Regards.