[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Shankara accepts BhAvarUpa ajnana BSB 4.1.15

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Aug 30 23:55:21 EDT 2023

praNAms
Hare Krishna

The Bhagvad Gita bhAshya stating continuance of prArabdha is within the framework of srishti-drishTi-vAda only.

>  when each and everything is within the realm of adhyArOpa-apavAda prakriya, all frameworks are just adhyArOpa only.  So accordingly, we have to understand EJV, DSV, SDV, AV etc. etc. nothing is permanent or pAramArthika and just there for the teaching purpose.

In DSV, there is no jIvanmukti, no prArabdha, no avidyA Lesha. EkajIvavAda section in Advaita Siddhi may be perused. All references to jnAnI and jIvanmukti in shAstra are stated to be arthavAda.

>  In that sense, even DSV also arthavAda only not pAramArthika.  In the pAramArthika what is there is brahman ONLY and nothing but brahman.  So, why this special emphasis that ONLY SDV is arthavAda??  What is the special weight that DSV would carry to deduce advaita's parama siddhAnta??  BTW, if we ready to push-aside the SDV as mere arthavAda then we have to say almost 99% of whole shruti and bhAshya are mere arthavAda 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar