[Advaita-l] Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 04:30:49 EDT 2023

Namaste Bhaskar ji,
It is understandable why some are reticent to post the views of Sri SSS. I
will read his works in English and Sanskrit as advised.

For the purpose of this discussion, I just have one question. How does the
AchArya explain the first sentence of the adhyAsa bhAShya, which
essentially says Atma anAtma adhyAsa is mithyAjnAna *nimittah*? It appears
to me that in the view of Sri SSS, Atma anAtma adhyAsa is not
mithyAjnAnanimittah but mithyAjnAnameva.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan