[Advaita-l] DUTY OF THE MIND

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sun May 19 07:48:28 EDT 2024

If It is OK to Speak Your Mind, Author  Hrishikesh Joshi argues that the open exchange of ideas is essential for the flourishing of individuals and society. He provides two arguments for this claim. First, speaking your mind is essential for the common good: we enhance our collective ability to reach the truth if we share evidence and offer different perspectives. Second, speaking your mind is good for your own sake: it is necessary to develop your rational faculties and exercise intellectual independence, both of which are essential for living a good life.

More details explained in a better way in the Journal Article:Hannon, M. (2022). Is There a Duty to Speak Your Mind? Social Epistemology.

 The Crucial Role of the Mind in Relationships are explained in a better away by Prof. U Mahesh Prabhu , Founder of Vedic Management Center.

 In a world where digital communication and social media dominate our interactions, understanding the mind in modern relationships is more important than ever. The mind has the most significant role in it, yet, there is little to nothing we know about the mind. Most people consider the mind to be synonymous with the brain. They may seek to control the mind through medication or addiction while numbing the brain.

 If the brain is the vehicle, the mind is the driver. The mind drives the brain, yet without the brain, the mind will cease to exist. The mind is also more important than the brain because the mind has the power to influence the brain. According to Charaka Samhita, the most important text teaching the principles of Ayurveda, “If the mind is healthy, the body is healthy; if the mind is not healthy, it will eventually infest the body with diseases.” It is important to note here that in Ayurvedic precepts, the brain is considered a part of the body and is not studied or understood differently from the body.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara

advaita-vedanta.org