[Advaita-l] 5th Edition of Global Festival of Oneness (GFO2024)

amith vikram vikram.amith at gmail.com
Mon May 13 02:54:05 EDT 2024

On the auspicious occasion of #ShankaraJayanti, we commenced upon our new
initiative titled "Śāṅkarabhāṣya Pārāyaṇaṃ Series" which aims to video
record the Parayana of Shankaracharya's Prasthanatraya-Bhashya and make it
available for Vedanta seekers to listen and practice.

Prasthanatraya means the three sources of authority.  It is the collective
name given to the Upanishads, Bramha-Sutra and Bhagavad Gita, which
together constitute the authoritative source for deriving authentic
knowledge about Vedanta.

Adi Shankara Bhagavadpadacharya has written extensive commentaries on these
texts that constitute Prashthanatraya and hence called as 'Prashthanatraya
Bhashya'. These commentaries are not only one of the earliest such work,
but also very profound and extensive in its scope. The study of these
prasthanatraya-bhashyas requires profound knowledge of Sanskrit and
competency in Vyakarana, Nyaya and Mimamsa and in Veda-adhyayana.

One of the aspect of such study is practicing the Parayana or systematic
reading of Prasthanatraya Bhashya. To facilitate this, we have
conceptualized the  "Śāṅkarabhāṣya Pārāyaṇaṃ Series" initiative.

As part of this initiative, we have completed the video recording of the
Parayana of Īśāvāsyopaniṣadbhāṣyam rendered by Vid. Manikandan Iyer and
publicly released it on Shankara Jayanti.  We were also fortunate to have
received the opportunity to show the recording to Jagadguru Shankaracharya
Sri Sri Vidhushekhara Bharati Swamigal at Sringeri and receive his
blessings for the initiative.

Īśāvāsyopaniṣadbhāṣyam Parayana recording can be accessed here-
https://youtu.be/9Ef0al7sKBY?si=aid-ep_9r5ZIlKku