[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 08:27:16 EDT 2024

Venkatraghavanji - PraNAms.

You made an interesting statement. Tomake a statement related to harn's hare. One should have knowledge that Haresdo not have horns, and for that, one should have the knowledge of what is ahorn too.

Can I just say hare's do not have'gaagaabuubu' without knowing what is that 'gaagaabuubu'? -I am reminded of thestatement –

Existence of an objects is establishedby the knowledge its existence'.

Conversely 'Nonexistence of an objectmust also have the knowledge of existence of it elsewhere'. I should know what‘gaagaabuubu’ is before I can deny its non-existence at some other place.

Just my 2c

Hari Om!

Sada