[Advaita-l] My perspective and question towards Advaita

Vijith s vijiths2003 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 09:34:43 EDT 2024

Namaste everyone,
     I am an 20 year old student studying engineering. I was born in
traditional Brahmin family. I recently explored Advaita 2 years back, when
vidhushekara bharati Swamiji talked on an event at sringeri. Later, I
explored Swami sarvapriyananda Swami's videos.  And currently I am reading
Bhagavad Geeta with commentaries of shankaracharya.

Even though I am slowly understanding Advaita vedanta, I feel it hard to
implement it in my everyday life especially in this modern world, where
students are surrounded by attractions, distractions and desire. So how can
I tackle this and stay unaffected by desires in today's world?

Om tat sat