[Advaita-l] [advaitin] The constant thought of 'I am Vishnu' results in liberation, moksha - Skandapurana

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Mon Jan 29 02:41:39 EST 2024

praNAms Sri Venkataraghavan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Very correct. shAstras are totally unnecessary. There is no need for shravaNam, mananam, nididhyAsanam. There is no need for Shankaracharya to have come down to earth and written all his commentaries. It is a total waste of time.

Whereas, not doing anything and whiling away one's time is perfectly sensible.

Ø    Hmmm…. Very rare sarcasm from you prabhuji 😊 however there is some theory which emphasizes that don’t take all these things as real!!  These are all just your dream characters and acting (as if) in your dream world 😊 A passionate DS vAdin would say this 😊 Just curious to know here in this dhyAna:  like ‘I am vishNu’ is something like svasvarUpAnusaNdhAna as in ‘shivOhaM’ ( keeping only vishNu tattva or shiva tattva in mind – upAdhi rahita tattva jnana ) or like keeta intensely thinking about bhramara and getting the ‘shape’ of bhramara (sArUpya type of krama mukti) ??  As it is clear in Advaita contemplating on I am vishNu or shivOhaM is not later type of meditation and that is not shAstra vihita as well.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar