[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Understanding Srimad Bhagavad Gita from the perspectives of Visishtadvaita and Advaita - an exposition

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Thu Jan 25 04:06:29 EST 2024

praNAms Sri Sada prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Just for the clarification, I have not said anything about using or wearing the Tulasi maala or rudraaksha maala 😊  Just I was talking about prohibition of chanting mantra-s related to rudra / shiva in SrivaishNava sampradaya ( during udaka shaanti paaraayaNa etc.) and how some typicial srivaishNava saMpradAyavAdins take immediate bath and change their yajnopaveeta if even inadvertently having the darshana of ‘smashaaNa vAsi shiva or shiva temple.  And one of my Sri VaishNava friend said some hard core Srivaishavite even avoid the shadow of shiva temple or gopuram and  they avoid crossing that road itself 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Just one correction.  Most of the Vaishnavates that I know use Tulasi maala and not Rudrasha maala that you mentioned. Trust me, Tulasi maala is simpler to use than Rudrasha maala.