[Advaita-l] If I am not the body, how can I validate the world?

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 08:38:17 EST 2024

Namaste Subramanian ji.

When one applies dream analogy, one has to apply it with full force. The
application cannot be half-hearted. The ambit of dream analogy is
unbelievably large. Nothing goes beyond its realm, except the seer of the
dream.

Whatever one can think of, is part of dream. All ideas, Shruti, PurANAs,
Shankara, VyAsa, Vasistha are just imaginations.

There is no artha. There is only jnAna. This is what DSV holds wherein
drishTi Eva srishTi is upheld on the sole analogy of dream. And this jnAna,
which appears as world, is vritti-upahita-chaitanya.

Thus, we are left with bhAvarUpA avidyA and avidyA-upahita-chaitanya
(sAkshI) on the analogy of dream. And all doubts are to be resolved on this
analogy alone. Says SLS -- अत्र च
सम्भावितसकलशङ्कापङ्कप्रक्षालनं स्वप्नदृष्टान्तसलिलधारयैव कर्तव्यम् − इति ।

//There is no need to say more about the whole strategic inevitable
illusory state of affairs. Although one may not like to admit it, this fact
cannot be denied.//

Absolutely.

One becomes completely support-less once one admits the completely illusory
state of affairs of world. One has no Shruti, no Shankara, no Madhva to
rely upon. One is alone and mere seer of the entire show. That is the
reason of dislike but that is what our experience tells us.

The seer however is beyond dream and yet its seer-hood is very much part of
dream. Seer without seer-hood is thus the sole reality.

Regards.