[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] rope has some problem in rope snake analogy :-)

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 08:15:31 EST 2024

Namaste Venkat Ji,

Thanks for the response.

At minute 24.54 to 25.18 in the talk, Sri MDS mentions that

**there are two possibilities for redness to appear in the crystal. The
first is when what is behind the crystal (obvious reference to flower)  is
not visible. Then there is origination of anirvachanIya redness in the
crystal. This is as per panchapadikAkAra**.

The talk continues with

** If the cause of redness namely a flower is also in the range of
perception, then origination of redness is not admitted**. Of course he
does not mention panchapadikAkAra in this connection.

I agree the textual passages in question do not make such a qualification.
That is perhaps because VP is not referring to panchapadikAkAra’s view per
se.

Can you please recheck.
Regards