[Advaita-l] Fwd: 'Prune the head to fit the cap'

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 20:13:59 EST 2024

Namaste Subbu ji

These Madhva interpretations, still literaly espoused by their Swamijis,
are a huge disappointment.

They are a commentary on human nature - on how emotions can often precede
analysis and pre-conceived faith-based fatuous arguments will always have
huge sway over large numbers of human beings.

The "saving grace" is that Madhva Swamijis don't espouse violence or say
things like "apostasy is punishable by death" like Islam etc. That
non-violent attitude of Madhva Swamijis distinguishes them from Islamic
orthodoxy and leaves great leeway for lay Madhvas to study and show
affinity for Advaita while allowing social and ritualistic protocols
continuing as per Madhva worship. Otherwise, theologically Madhva
interpretations don't appear much different from the regular species of
theological fanaticism found all over the world.

As you once pointed out that, according to Madhva (as per his Isavasya
bhAShya) , all advaitins go to a special naraka, the darkest world of
eternal darkness (literally...not as an arthavAda etc). If this view of
Madhva about Advaitins, is no longer regarded as correct by the current
acharyas of Madhva tradition, it would be praiseworthy.

Om
Raghav

On Sat, 6 Jan, 2024, 2:53 am V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <