[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Question on Sankhya prakruti versus Advaita maya from Vedanta Paribhasha

Vikram Jagannathan vikkyjagan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 13:54:54 EST 2024

Namaskaram Shri Bhaskar ji,

Thank you for your response. The last statement that Chaitanya (pure
sentience) is the only sentient entity and whatever appears to be other
than sentience is mithya and insentient - is my current understanding. But
I am not able to understand Swamiji's statement.

Namaskaram Shri Chandramouli ji,

Thank you for your directions. I read through the mentioned sutras and also
associated relevant sutras. Unless I missed something I did not see any
reference to Prakruti or Maya being sentient. The closest is that Maya is
the divine power of Isvara, similar to Shri Bhaskar ji's opinion. Could you
clarify or direct me further?

Thank you!

prostrations,
Vikram