[Advaita-l] Online Classes on Shankara-Ashankara Bhashya Vimarshah of Bellamkonda Ramaraya Kavi

Jaishankar Narayanan jai1971 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 00:25:37 EDT 2024

Namaste,

After my recent talk on 'Nirvishesha Atma Niroopanam in Shankara-Ashankara
Bhashya Vimarshah of Bellamkonda Ramaraya Kavi', I had a request for
conducting online classes on this text. The details are as follows:

ONLINE CLASSES IN ENGLISH ON
Shankara-Ashankara Bhashya Vimarshah of Bellamkonda Ramaraya Kavi

Through Zoom

Every Thursday and Friday Starting 11th of Apr 2024
07.30 AM to 08.30 AM IST

By Jaishankar Ji

To attend please WhatsApp, text your request to +919710946652 as follows:
"Namaste. My name is ........ I would like to attend Shankara-Ashankara
Bhashya Vimarshah class"

This text is an analysis of Shankara's Commentary and commentaries of other
acharyas like Ramanuja, particularly of Brahmasutra. The analysis is done
to show why one should accept Shankara's Commentary and reject other
commentaries. This text is for those who have already undergone the study
of Shankara's Bhashyas on Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and Brahmasutra.

Sri Bellamkonda Ramaraya Kavi was a renowned Sanskrit poet, scholar, yogi,
and a staunch advaitin. Born in 1875 at Pamidi Padu, Narasaraopet Guntur,
Andhra Pradesh, he lived only for 39 years before passing away in 1914.
During the short time he lived, he composed as many as 149 Classic Works in
Sanskrit of which unfortunately only 45 have survived.

Ramaraya Kavi was a strong proponent of Advaita Siddhanta as enunciated by
Adi Shankaracharya. His interpretations and dialectics of logical
disputation of Advaita earned him the name Apara Adi Shankara meaning an
incarnation of Adi Shankaracharya. He was also a Yogi from a young age and
is supposed to have been initated into Yoga by Bhagavan Hayagreeva himself.

He wrote a number on works on Vedanta which include both those that explain
and elaborate upon the core concepts of Advaita Siddhanta and those that
refute other philosophies, most notably the refutation of works of
Vishishtadvaita authors such as Sri Ramanujacharya and Sri Vedanta Desika.
His most notable works include: Sankaraasankara Bhasya Vimarsaha, Vedanta
Sangraha, Bhashyarka Prakasha, Advaitanyamatakhandanam, Advaitavijayah,
Advaitamrtam, among others.

with love and prayers,
Jaishankar