[Advaita-l] Lord's mama guNamayi mAya Vs Jeeva's avidyA

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 09:19:25 EDT 2023

Hari Om Bhaskar ji

There is no contradiction in avidyA=mAyA.

Your objections arise because of incorrect application of avidyA as a
qualifying factor with respect to jIva and Ishwara.

JIva= avidyA-pratibimbita-Brahman

Ishwara = avidyA-upahita-Brahman

While for jIva, avidyA acts as visheshaNa, for Ishwara, it acts as upAdhi.

Having explained the position, as I understand, of the "traditionalists",
we need to understand how "1%" explain jIva and Ishwara.

1. Please explain how the "1%" define jIva and Ishwara.

2. If mAyA as per 1% is avidyA-kalpita, then how come anartha-hetu-avidyA
gives rise to daivi mAyA?

Regards.

On Sat, 30 Sep, 2023, 3:40 pm Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <