[Advaita-l] On avidyA, mAyA

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Sep 30 01:28:34 EDT 2023

 Dear Sri Shrinivas Gadkari,
Very well said, Sir! Hats off to you.
I completely agree with you.With warm regards,Sreenivasa Murthy

    On Saturday, 30 September, 2023 at 07:57:51 am IST, Shrinivas Gadkari via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Namaste,

Sharing my understating and views on this topic:

This unending discussion on locus avidyA, is mAyA
same as avidyA ... is better termed as "shabda bhrama"
instead of "shabda brahma".

Pragmatically:
- There are jIva-s and there is a deluding shakti called mAyA
- mAyA triggers different bhAva-s in a jIva
- For every bhAva there is a space of appropriate responses that
  jIva can resort to.
- The precise response that a jIva chooses from this space of responses
  is the freedom of karma that is given to the jIva
- Sound understanding of this space of responses is vidyA
- Confused understanding of this space of responses is avidyA
- NO ONE can fully understand the space of bhAva-s and responses as "iti" - this much
- The moment a jIva starts thinking that mAyA is "iti", She likes to surprise
  the jIva by proving that She is more that "iti".
- mAyA is best characterized as "na iti = neti"

Hari Om.

Regards,
Shrinivas Gadkari