[Advaita-l] A conceptual analysis of deep sleep.

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:43:00 EDT 2023

Hari Om,

We find two distinct set of statements in bhAshya and vArtika regarding
deep sleep. In one set, sushupti is equated with deep sleep and ignorance
is posited to be present therein. Whereas at other places, it is denied in
sushupti.

I have made an effort to analyse these statements. The write-up in PDF can
be downloaded from

https://sudhanshushekhar.files.wordpress.com/2023/10/a-conceptual-analysis-of-deep-sleep.pdf
.

Learned members may kindly point out if I erred anywhere.

Kind attention: V Subramanian Ji, Venkataraghavan Ji, Chandramouli ji,
Raghav ji, Praveen Bhat ji, Anand Hudli ji and other respected members.

Regards.
Sudhanshu.