[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Extremely powerful reasoning for 'Aham Brahmasmi' in the Bh.Gita

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 08:54:44 EDT 2023

> Namaste

//Just an addition. Both pratibimba and AbhAsa are mithya only. Pratibimba
needs a medium for reflection. The medium is mithya only. So is the
pratibimba.//

Here lies the difference. Pratibimba is treated as Satya unlike AbhAsa.

Therefore, AbhAsa is negated completely being mithyA though
bAdha-sAmanAdhikaraNya.

However, pratibimba is not negated completely being the bimba itself which
is Satya. Only the attribution of mithyA-anAtma-dharma-Aropa is negated.
Thus, in place of bAdha, we apply bhAga-tyAga-lakshaNA.

Because of this difference, in AbhAsa-vAda, a confusion arises as to how to
avoid complete similarity of jIva (Kshetrajna) with kshetra.

Here, in my understanding, the very differentiation of jaDa and Chetan is
done on the basis of knowability-by-chidAbhAsa and not by mere knowabiltiy.
ChidAbhAsa is treated as Chetan (and yet mithyA) while entities known by
chidAbhAsa are jaDa.

Regards.