[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Extremely powerful reasoning for 'Aham Brahmasmi' in the Bh.Gita

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 04:16:01 EDT 2023

Dear Sudhanshu JI,

That the jiva is mithya is agreed. But what is mithya there is the anAtmA,
kshetra, aspect. The Chit aspect is Brahman. To say that the kshetrajna is
jneya will be conflicting with the 13th chapter, that is my concern. That
chapter is there to discriminate the Kshetrajna, Pure consciousness,
exemplified by the Ravi analogy in the 33 rd verse. So, it is kevala
prakasha svarupa, of the first sentence of the Adhyasa bhashya. The
kshetram stands opposed to it and is the 'tamas' of the Adhyasa bhashya.
The last verse of the 13th chapter has this message: One has to
discriminate oneself from the kshetram (the body mind complex that one had
taken to be oneself) and identify oneself as kshetrajna and also know the
kshetram to be mithya, abhAvagamana, as the bhashya says. In this scheme
the kshetrajna can't be mithya since he is not jneya. Rather he is the
prakAsha(ka). This is my understanding.

warm regards
subbu