[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Extremely powerful reasoning for 'Aham Brahmasmi' in the Bh.Gita

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:43:46 EDT 2023

Namaste V Subramanian ji.

JIva is Kshetrajna can be understood in two ways:

1. JIva is kshetra. And there is bAdha-sAmanAdhikaraNya resulting into jIva
being stated kshetrajna.

Just as "world is Brahman", similarly "jIva is Brahman".

Here, jIva is AbhAsa which is mithyA and is sublated completely through the
statement "jIva is Brahman".

2. JIva is pratibimba. Pratibimba is Satya. Here, "jIva is Kshetrajna" is
mukhya-sAmAnAdhikaraNya.

Here, the vAchya-artha of jIva is NOT within kshetra. In the previous
model, vAchya-artha of jIva (the AbhAsa) will come within the purview of
kshetra.

========

Thus, when jIva is stated to be Kshetrajna, depending on the model of
AbhAsa and pratibimba, we have to take as to whether the vAchya-artha of
word jIva will be kshetra (mithyA) or non-kshetra (Satya).

Regards.

On Sat, 21 Oct, 2023, 12:06 am V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l, <