[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 21:19:47 EST 2023

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 05:22:09 PM GMT+5:30, 'Bhaskar YR' via advaitin <advaitin at googlegroups.com> wrote:

   - And for all practical purposes this is how our adhyAtma sAdhana would go forward and in this frame work, though one talks a lot about shAstra if he is asampradAyin needs to be ignored as idiot because for the brahma jnana we need the guidance of shrOtriya-brahmanishta saMpradAyavida Acharya.  And we have to prostrate before him and he is tattva darshi (tadviddhi praNipAtena pari prashneya sevaya).  Guru Ashraya is indispensable in brahma jignAsa, tadeva cha vishesheN jijnAsitavyaM gurvAshraya shavaNAdyupaayairarnishya cha sAkshAtkaraNeeyaM ityarthaH.  And I am sorry to say this more authentic way of jnana sAdhana will be highly diluted when we have the preconceived notion that this guru-sampradaaya-upadesha-sAdhana etc. are mere puppets dancing in my dream.
   -  And if you think that this sAmpradAyik way of jignAsa is just for maNda and Madhyama adhikAri-s and every thing is just dream is for uttama adhikAri-s, I would like to be mandAdhikAri😊
I agree with you. The analogy with dream world is provided to show that the waking world is also not real.
Dream is not a dream for a dreamer who is in the dream. That dream world is real for him.
He realizes that it is not real only when he wakes up.
The dream example is used to show that waking world is not absolutely real. Goudapaada negation of the waking world is only from the point of absolute truth - with the statement - adou antecha yat naasti, vartamaanepi tatttadaa. But there is difference between the two states. In the dream world, a dreamer cannot realize it as a dream while he is in the dream - for realization viveka or discriminative intellect is needed which he does not have. If has, he will not able to dream.
In contrast, in the waking state, the seeker can develop the required Viveka to recognize the unreality of the waking world while still remaining in the waking world. Hence all the nine yards that you mentioned are important to develop the needed qualifications to discriminate what is real and what is apparently real. Study of Vedanta under a competent teacher, sampradaayic teaching, and required sadhana for the mind to develop the necessary qualifications - all are important.
DSV vs SDV all intended to help in the sadhana only.
In the final analysis there is shrushti and no vadas too when one realizes aham brahmaasmi.
Seeker should follow what is best approach for his realization under the advise of his guru.
Hari Om!Sadananda