[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Mon Nov 20 06:52:03 EST 2023

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Now, this framework is certainly present in bhAshya everywhere in addition to the common default framework wherein waking is given more reality to dream. Therefore, in the default framework, waking Shruti is more reliable than dream Shruti and waking Shankara is more authentic than dream Shankara. Is it not? The waking sampradAya is much more required for liberation than dream sampradAya.

  *   Yes prabhuji, that is the reason why bhAshyakAra somewhere says there is not even an iota of paramArtha in Svapna prapancha but vyavahAra yOgya jaagrat prapancha is having paramArtha vastu as its adhishtAnam.  But he also warns us not to jump to the conclusion that everything is mere bhranti until you are waking to the higher truth than what you are experiencing now.  It is on the evidence or want of evidence of some valid means of knowledge that we have to determine the conceivability or the inconceivability of the existence of a thing and not vice versa.  It is from this point of view only bhAshyakAra does not deny the validity of pramANa-s.  So as long as you are there in this world, as long as you are there as jnAtru / pramAtru / bhOktru, the ‘socalled’ waking sampradaya holds its own significance as against Svapna sampradaya and Svapna guru.  No sincere mumukshu would dare to conclude that OK since waking and dream states are one and the same I shall do my adhyAtma sAdhana in my dream state, knowingly or unknowingly he wants to do the sAdhana in the state where he is and considering that it is the reality.  For that matter when he is seeing the dream tiger he is in that state don’t think it is mere dream tiger but it is real tiger.  Waking to the higher reality only sublates the previously held state as reality.  So till that time, let us all pray for guru / Ishwara  kAruNya as he is our mOksha dAta.

This whole approach of putting more reality to waking is a default position. ShAstra uses this and postulates shrishTi, Ishwara who does this srishTi, Ishwara whom we should pray for kArUNyam etc etc. This is a distinct framework. This is called SDV.

  *   And for all practical purposes this is how our adhyAtma sAdhana would go forward and in this frame work, though one talks a lot about shAstra if he is asampradAyin needs to be ignored as idiot because for the brahma jnana we need the guidance of shrOtriya-brahmanishta saMpradAyavida Acharya.  And we have to prostrate before him and he is tattva darshi (tadviddhi praNipAtena pari prashneya sevaya).  Guru Ashraya is indispensable in brahma jignAsa, tadeva cha vishesheN jijnAsitavyaM gurvAshraya shavaNAdyupaayairarnishya cha sAkshAtkaraNeeyaM ityarthaH.  And I am sorry to say this more authentic way of jnana sAdhana will be highly diluted when we have the preconceived notion that this guru-sampradaaya-upadesha-sAdhana etc. are mere puppets dancing in my dream.
  *    And if you think that this sAmpradAyik way of jignAsa is just for maNda and Madhyama adhikAri-s and every thing is just dream is for uttama adhikAri-s, I would like to be mandAdhikAri 😊
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar