[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 02:24:09 EST 2023

On Thu, 16 Nov, 2023, 1:31 pm Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <

> Any reference to jIvanmukti by Bhagvan Krishna or any of the AchAryAs such
> as MS Himself in 3.18 etc is to be understood in this manner only. As an
> arthavAda.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> After reading this I am getting some crazy doubts in my mind 😊 please
> bear with me.
>
> (a)  Is shankara bhagavatpAda mukta (Jeevan mukta) or not??  It is only
> arthavAda and bhagavatpAda himself a mere object in DSV, how can I believe
> he is having any 'stuff' in his teaching??  After all 'he', his teaching
> etc. are just my imagination is it not??
> (b) if the realization itself is arthavAda what is the role of sampradaya
> and sampradaya teaching??  And what is the need of Advaita sAdhana like
> shravaNAdi sAdhana??  When all these things are mere super imagination of
> this eka jeeva??
> (c) when this eka jeeva knows (intellectually) or realizes literally that
> he is one and everything else is his imagination, through which means
> (sAdhana) he would attain this knowledge and how he validates his knowledge
> and how he would determine his realization is genuine and not his mere
> stupid imagination??
> (d) And finally the author MS and his works (sankshepa shaareerika teeka,
> vedAntamuktAvali, AS, gUdArtha Deepika etc.) is just there in my ( the
> alone jeeva) imagination and I am drawing conclusions that in SDV ONLY
> jeevanmukta possible and DSV is just not accepting this etc.??  Don’t we
> get the doubt that in imagination we are just doing sub(upa) imagination??
> 😊
> ( e) if sampradaya is a mute thing in EJV and jnAnOtpatti can happen on
> its own without any sAmpradAyik teaching or guru-shishya paraMpara, why on
> the earth advaita sampradaya giving undue importance to sampradaya??

Namaste Bhaskar ji
In EJV, the experience of Guru and sAmpradAya are regarded as necessary but
they are given pratibhasika status like the dream tiger example.

Personally I am comfortable with DSV as a nididhyAsana-predominant approach
rather than as something to assert in public.

OK, if we argue it is from the platform of SDV meant only for nAnA jeeva
> vAdins, then what is the route map for the EJ to realize that he is ekaM
> and there is no dviteeyaM when he considers everything apart from him is
> just his imagination and eulogy (arthavAda)??
> (f)  And finally is this AS or any other works of MS just there to
> propagate Advaita siddhAnta, pratipAdana and sAdhana without caring much
> about sampradaya and sampradaya Acharya-s??  Are these works just an
> attempt of justifying Advaita and saving it from the objections of
> dvaitins??  This is my genuine query as I am not familiar with any of the
> works of MS as I have read Sri Vidya prabhuji's opinion in this list itself
> that Sri MS deviated from shankara's mUlabhAshya when presenting his
> prakriya.   And incidentally Sri Venkataraghavan prabhuji also confirmed
> works like AS just polemics and not recommended or not required as a
> mandatory work in Advaita to study.

Thanks for sharing that Sri Venkataraghavan ji has said that Sri MS has
deviated from bhAShya in his AS etc.

Om