[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Clarifications sought, respectfully, on some Basic Advaitic concepts

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 03:24:34 EST 2023

Namaste.

Reg  //  so what true benefit we get by simply just recognizing that at a
pAramArthika level it is clay but vyAvahArika level it is pot etc.? So
what? How does such a superficial knowledge benefit? How does painting it
everything with one big broad brush help? //,

Clay-Pot is an illustration (दृष्टान्त dRRiShTAnta) only. Any in-depth
analysis like benefits etc is appropriate only in respect of the
illustrated (दार्ष्टान्त dArShTAnta). Not in respect of the (दृष्टान्त
dRRiShTAnta)
itself. The illustrated (दार्ष्टान्त dArShTAnta)  for Clay-Pot illustration
is the Declaration (प्रतिज्ञा pratij~nA), in Ch Up for example, that by
knowing ONE everything else becomes known. So your question would thus be
appropriate in respect of this Declaration in the Shruti. I am sure you are
yourself well aware of the answer to this.
Regards

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>