[Advaita-l] A view that pushes back against a reductionist approach

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Fri Nov 3 01:31:37 EDT 2023

praNAms Sri Srinivas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

  *   I agree with your answer / observation and can be said an answer to the query, when you are talking to the Advaitin audience 😊 But being a purohita, in vyavahAra jagat, where parents would expect a purOhita to guide their children in a proper way and educate the westernized / scientifically inclined mind to know more about the significance of our traditional observations etc., vedantic answers do not work 😊 Being a priest I have faced these questions at somany places.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

       The world is an expression of Brahman / Atman.
All the activities that are happening in it are also expressions of
The Impersonal Reality.
IT knows what to do and how to do.

Then why not leave it to HIM and stop breaking one's head
about other persons and their actions.

SRi Shankara writes in shloka1 chapter 18 of UpadEsa sahasri thus:

yEnAtmanA vilIyanta udBavanti ca vRuttayaH |
nityAvagatayE tasmai namO dhIpratyayAtmane ||
Who is the provider of the mental modifications to each jIva?
What does it reveal?
Please ponder over.