[Advaita-l] Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 01:40:30 EDT 2023

Namaste Praveen ji.

//Are you saying that when you see the red flower and the plain crystal
together, your eyes have no sannikarSha with the redness of the flower at
all?//

I am saying that my eyes have no sannikarsha with redness-of-crystal.

Eyes have sannikarsha with redness-of-flower but NOT and CANNOT with
redness-of-crystal.

By this very reason, there is no gaurav dosha. Since there is no
vyAvahArika redness-of-crystal with which eyes can have sannikarsha, we
have to accept anirvachanIya redness-of-crystal.

Also one query: can there ever be jnAna-adhyAsa without artha-adhyAsa?