[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Fwd: Tattvamasi Mahavakyartha Vichara in chaste Marathi verses of Adya-kavi Shri Mukundaraj

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 05:56:25 EDT 2023

Read full post here;  https://groups.google.com/g/advaitin/c/61b9Rit_Z8Y

=============================
Tattvamasi Mahavakyartha Vichara in chaste Marathi verses of Adya-kavi Shri
Mukundaraj
=============================

Shri Mukundaraj Kavi, an Acharya belonging to Natha Sampradaya, is
recognized as the Adya-kavi of Marathi literature. Yet, he was a loyal
adherent of Advaita Vedanta and had deep reverence for Bhagavatpada. This
is quite patent in his work called ‘Viveka-Sindhu’ (dated 1188 AD) which is
a treatise on various concepts of Advaita Vedanta in chaste Marathi. The
author explicitly says here that he is merely stating the words of
Bhagavatpada Adi Shankara in Marathi :

शंकरोक्तिवरी ॥ मीबोलिलोंमराठीवैखरी ॥ ह्मणूनिनिर्धाराववीचतुरीं ॥
शास्त्रबुद्धी ॥७.४७॥

[ Based on Shankaracharya’s preachings(commentaries), I am writing this
work in Marathi. Hence, the wise must ascertain it with Shastra-buddhi]

A proper understanding of Tattvamasi Mahavakya is quite crucial in Advaita
Vedanta . In his Viveka Sindhu, Shri Mukundaraj ji dedicates a whole
chapter on exposition of the same. In this post, we will briefly discuss
some of his shlokas on Tattvamasi Mahavakyartha vichar.