[Advaita-l] Sanyasin and his duties toward his ancestors

Srimugunthan Dhandapani srimugunthan.d at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:52:59 EDT 2023

Trying to understand the consequence to ancestors,
In the agastya story
https://www.hindu-blog.com/2021/07/upside-down-ancestors-of-sage-agastya.html
the ancestors suffer.
But it is also mentioned that due to one's renunciation, the seven
previous generations are blessed when one takes up sanyasa.
I am confused by this apparent contradiction.