[Advaita-l] Jagadguru Speaks: Prudence Must Precede Any Activity

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 16:36:02 EDT 2023

Dear friends,

Yes, *Respected H.H. Jagadguru said the very right thing. I only hope that
the people concerned aboof the Sringeri math declared around 1910 AD that
Adi Shankara was a contemporary of Vikramaditya, and the
Madhaviya-Shankara-Vijaya clearly shows that this Vikramaditya was none
other than ShriHarsha Vikramaditya, who was a king towards the end of the
6th century BCE. That surely confirms that Adi Shankara was born towards
the end of the 6th century BCE.*

Let us hope that the current Manager of the Shankara mathas will take the
above advice of the respected Jagadguru  to cultivate prudence (which also
means circumspection and cautiousness), very seriously, and should soon
declare that Adi Shankara was born in the 6th century BCE. If they have any
problem in finding the guru parampara of the Shringeri math from the time
of Adi Shankara, we are all at the service of the Shankara mathas.

Regards,
Sunil K.Bhattacharjya