[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Pratyabhijna and avidyA vRttis of suShupti

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 04:47:26 EST 2023

Namaste.

Reg  //  Because the sAxI merely
illuminates the vRttis but cannot carry impressions and "record" what is
experienced - a function usually assigned to antaHkaraNa //,

Illumination by sAkshi leads to registering the contents of the vritti,
whether avidyA vritti or antahkaraNa vritti,  either in antahkaraNa if it
is active or in avidyA itself if antahkaraNa is in bIja avasthA. However,
since avidyA is the kAraNAvastha for the antahkaraNa, whatever contents of
the vritti  were registered in avidyA during the bIja avasthA of the
antahkaraNa is available for the antahkaraNa when it becomes active again.
Regards

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 10:42 AM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <