[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: [advaitin] rope has some problem in rope snake analogy :-)

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 03:02:26 EST 2023

Namaste Venkat Ji,

I am not sure if the following has already been pointed out and discussed
in the thread. If yes, my apologies for the repetition.

In case of redness in the crystal, what is anirvachanIya, and hence mithyA,
 is the सम्बन्ध (sambandha) (relationship)  between the redness and the
crystal. AnirvachanIyatva is in respect of the *in*ness  in  **redness *in*
the crystal**. The सम्बन्ध (sambandha) (relationship), redness is
**inside** the crystal,  is anirvchanIya. That is the distinction between
anyathAkhyAti and the advaitic view in this case. Redness per se is akin to
anyathAkhyAthi, but it does not stop with that in the advaitic view. There
is an element of anirvachanIyatva also.
Regards

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 11:49 PM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <