[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: [advaitin] rope has some problem in rope snake analogy :-)

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 07:12:55 EST 2023

//>  Here point to be noted is, dream book says to the dreamer within the
dream that there are three Avastha-s daily we are experiencing and one is
waking, another is dreaming and dreamless sleep as well.  Here dream book
is not saying dream is not dream but saying there is some avasthA apart
from dream and that is waking,  that is where dream book speaking of
Ishwara srushti, Ishwara krupe, saadrushyam of dream & waking states,
objects in waking state having the paramArtha satya as its base whereas
dreams are mere vAsana of waking state etc. etc.//

The dream-book says both. (1) There are three states, Ishwar srishTi etc.
And also, (2) there are three dreams named as waking, dream and deep sleep.
The dream-X experiences so called waking, dream and so called deep sleep
within dream. Within dream, he supposedly "wakes up" and says, I had very
nice dream and had a sound deep sleep. His "waking", dream and "deep sleep"
are therefore nothing but dream.

Therefore, (1) is merely doing anuvAda of dream-X's experience whereas (2)
is giving the correct picture.

//you call it waking or dreaming in that state only we are talking about
other states accepting that we are not aware that we are beyond the three
states, hence there is shAstra and there is jnana etc.//

Be clearer in articulation.

//Due to your special affiliation  with dream state you are telling master
dream and in that sub-dreams etc. whereas those who are more practical
about it saying there are waking, dreaming and deep sleep states.//

Sir, there are no master dreams and sub-dreams. The example of sub-dream is
given to demonstrate that waking is nothing but dream. We have dream1,
dream 2, dream 3... etc. Dream-2 is not within dream-1 etc. You just feel
that dream-2 is within dream-1. They are independent. None is sleeping
inside dream-1 to dream dream-2 and so on. These are all mental
fluctuations.

Just as dream is nothing but instantaneous mental vibration, this waking is
also instantaneous mental vibration. That is all. That is what is meant by
equating dream with deep sleep and waking.

//Holding that particular state where we are in and taking about other two
states, so it is nothing but 'aLiya alla magala ganda' (he is Not my
son-in-law but he is my daughter's husband) type of assertions both from
wakers and dreamers 😊  For example your last statement ://

Irrelavant conclusion due to non-understanding of equality of waking and
dream.

//Waking X very well prove his waking hood of waking state to waking Y by
taking the help of waking YV in waking state.  And he also can talk about
some other state like dream, dream-X and dream Y who are talking about
dream- YV like sudhAnshu and bhAskar talking here in waking/dream 😊 There
is no illogicality here.//

Meaningless. There is no need to prove waking-hood to anyone as everyone is
convinced of their waking-hood. Everyone by default presume themselves to
be in non-dream. Effort can be meaningful only if the objective is prove
dream-hood of their so called "waking".