[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: Does the mukta/jnani see the world?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Fri Dec 22 00:00:16 EST 2023

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I am just wondering after reading all these (ku) tarka about similarity between jAgrat & svapna, why on the earth bhAshyakAra considers vijnAnavAdins as pUrvapaxi and taken all the troubles to prove him wrong in abhAvadhikaraNa, especially in sutra bhAshya-s like in nAbhAva upalabdeH & vaidharmyAccha na svapnAdhivat etc.  (2-2-28 & 29) !!  If at all he himself saying all is just mind game in kArika bhAshya!!  Has bhAshyakAra contradicted himself in sUtra bhAshya and kArikaa bhAshya!!??  Or we ourselves deluded and quoting both bhAshya-s out of context??  If at all bhAshyakAra-s perception about bAhya jagat is in complete agreement with  that of vijnAnavAdins’ vAda why on the earth bhAshyakAra attacked them and passionately proved them wrong (infact he attacks them personally and warns them that they don’t have control on their tongue and speak whatever they want !! And again, to our surprise,  in kArika bhAshya all of a sudden advocated the same vijnAnavAdins’ vAda  ‘mind all’ theory!!??  Perhaps pundits here would say when bhAshyakAra writing sUtra bhAshya,  he was writing so keeping SDV module and mandAdhikAri-s in mind and while writing kArikAbhAshya he was addressing the applicants in DSV, the mumukshu-s in super league 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar