[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Shankara accepts BhAvarUpa ajnana BSB 4.1.15

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Thu Aug 31 00:05:58 EDT 2023

The Aparokshanubhuti attributed to Shankara, subscribes to the same position (i.e. no prarabdha for the jivanmukta, but only there for the onlookers), as follows:

praNAms Sri Kathirasan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for quoting this and I have mentioned this work's reference in my earlier discussion as well.  And if I am right even in siddhAnta lesha saMgraha Sri AD says that there is difference of opinion within the tradition with regard to prArabdha karma and avidyAlesha.  Anyway, the quote from aparOkshAnubhUti is just from the view point of AV (ajAtavAda) where brahman is the ONLY reality and existing tattva so one should not read too much into it says from saMpradAyavida-s.  They argue that if you accept jnAni as an individual you have to accept that he is carrying AL even after samyakjnAna.  And according to this stand, the continuation of jnAni's shareera due to prArabdha karma is the clear sign of existence of AL.  In short prArabdhakarma phala = Avidya lesha (AL).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!