[Advaita-l] Advaita Polemics Kind Attn. Sri Venkataraghavan

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 04:05:39 EDT 2023

Namaste Rajaramji,

On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 12:36 PM Rajaram Venkataramani via Advaita-l <

> If we leave the counter arguments and their counters out, are there any
> unique arguments other than saptavidha anupapatti? If all arguments are
> reducible to these seven classes plus or minus a few, then it is done.
> Advaitins are indebted to Sri Ramanuja for making the defence of Advaita
> from attacks by opponents easy 😉 l was going through Saiva views but they
> are hard to understand due to Tamizh poetry format.

Another place to look at Vishishtadvaita's objection to Advaita and their
refutation is in Ramarayakavi's BrahmasutrachAtussutri, where he takes up
108 interpretations of atha shabda answering those many objections.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */