[Advaita-l] Gaudapada and Shankara hold the waking objects to be mithya

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 08:20:37 EDT 2023

Namaste Chandramouli ji,

So when SSS says avidyA is completely negated in the first sentence of the
quote
("avidyA is completely negated (bAdhita)  by jnAna, meaning thereby it
leads to the conviction that it really does not exist at all"), do you
think that is adhyAsa or jnAna abhAva?

And in the next sentence ("There is no defect in admitting the subsistence
of mithyajnAna  etc for some time") when he talked of mithyAjnAna, is that
jnAna abhAva or adhyAsa?

Regards,
Venkatraghavan