[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 08:40:24 EDT 2019

On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 11:54:46 PM PDT, Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

 Namaste Raghav ji,
Or just take bhAva rUpa avidyA to mean it is abhAva vilakshaNa.

The important thing is that ajnAna cannot mean jnAna abhAva. If so, then
one would necessarily need pratiyogi jnAna to cognise abhAva. But if jnAna
itself is pratiyogi, one would need to know jnAna to cognise ajnAna, which
is a contradiction in terms.

Better to say ajnAna is abhAva vilakshaNa padArtha that is sAkshi vedyam.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan
Venkatraghavanji - PraNAms
Just saw your note.
We are familiar with two aspects associated with avidya - one is aavarana shakti and the other is vikshepa shakti. It is easier for me to attribute aavarana aspect with avidya and vishepa aspect to maayaa since mind is required for the latter - since the projection is done by the mind as in waking and dream states. In deep sleep state since the mind is in subtle form, only aavarana is evident.
Of course, one can argue that mind is also a product of avidya or muula avidya. There also we can associate the mind and the whole creation to an aspect of vishepa aspect of avidya.
In that sense, we are separating the avidya and maaya to some extent.
It is consistent with jeevan mukta where aavarana is eliminated while the vikshepa aspect of maaya remains until the BMI drops. In that sense one can remove the bhaava ruupa aspect to avidya and associate it to maayaa shakti. Since maaya is equated to prakriti which is also responsible for projection - mayaa adhyakshena prakRiti .. and prakRityavacha karmaani kriya maanaani sarvashaH..etc can be easily understood.
My 2c.
Hari Om!Sadananda